Friday, November 4, 2011

An updated chair and bench

Well I never thought I'd be blogging, but I've been searching blogs all over for ideas and DIY projects galore, so I thought what better way to commit to following through with some of them then blogging about it :)

So lately I've been finding a need for more mobile furniture for my living room. I have a fairly open concept space so it's tough to divide the room into a living room, dining room and seating area. I found a few different pieces on Kijiji and decided on these:


 Clearly, the pink and blue/green plaid fabric was not a fabric choice I was looking for and these were not in the best shape, however, they were $70 for both pieces, which was a bit expensive I thought, based on their condition, but they were exactly what I was looking for and how can I complain about seating for under $100 total. I decided to paint them white to match my white focused living room and to freshen things up a bit and add more fabric.

This is the bench after a coat of white paint in progress...I decided to get fabric from fabricland since they had a buy 1 yard of fabric, get one free deal going on. I purchased 6 yards which was more than enough and I will have extra fabric on hand for future projects. I also purchased decorative studs for the exterior to not only hold the fabric down, but also for decorative value. I love the look of studs.

And the final product:


I love these pieces! The fabric was fairly thick and this took a few hours to complete but I think it was well worth it, and for a first project and tackling the ever so tricky reupholstery, I am proud and happy with the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment